Wednesday, August 4, 2010


Oshkosh has been a BLAST!  In between working at the Spokane Turbine Center booth I have been able to visit the many different exhibits, see vintage aircraft, watch air shows and talk with different pilots.  This air show has so many different aircraft that come from all over the world, and it is fun to see new designs of aircraft as well as the older "war birds."  One of my favorite parts was being able to go to the section of the airfield that was a reenactment of the old WWII base.  There were reinactors that were living just like they did on the battlefield almost 70 years ago.  They had the tents set up, full gear on, the trusty jeeps and other vehicles and some various weapons that they use to back then.  I had a lot of fun taking pictures and talking with them.

As I "work" the booth I met many people that have a passion for missions.  To be able to talk with people that have the same focus is refreshing.  My job was basically to network with the mission people and to let the reps from different colleges know that we offered turbine training at a low cost for their students.  I also met some wonderful people that encourage me about our support raising.  As some of you already know that we are only at 25% of the needed support level that we need to be at.  These veteran missions told me that they had been in many hard situations but every time the Lord would provide just enough to see their needs met.  Those words were helpful to me to stop stressing about what we were going to do about deputation while in North Dakota, since not much interest was generated from different emails and phone calls.  Our support will come from the Lord and I should not be concerned about thinking of what people would be able to "afford" to support us financially.  All that is needed is trust what we do will please the Lord and He will meet our needs.

1 comment: