Monday, August 23, 2010

End of the Line


My first Kodiak tour has come to an end.  I am excited to be going home and seeing Caleb and Renae but also sad that I won't be able to fly the Kodiak on a regular basis.  We have traveled in the last 10 days from Grand Rapids Michigan to Akron OH to Norfolk VA passed Washington D.C's busy airspace and then back up to Lancaster/smoketown PA.  I have enjoyed getting to "know" the Kodiak by flying for several hours and just familiarizing myself with the G1000 avionics package.

We just finished yesterday the biggest mission aviation air show in the world! This is located in Smoketown PA, just a few miles east of Lancaster.  The airfield is located in a contrasting environment with aircraft  flying overhead and buggies driving in the middle of Omish country.  Even some of the locals came out to see what all the noise was about.


At the moment I am waiting to board my first flight of three today.  Even though it is 5:30 am here on the East coast it is funny to think that I was awake and driving to the airport when in Spokane the clocks were only showing 12am.  I only wish I could be with my family for breakfast this morning, guess I just have to wait only a few more hours.  The trip was a good one but I am very ready to be home with my son and beautiful wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment