Monday, November 27, 2017

First Solo flight in Indonesia on April





As a tradition in MAF anytime a new pilot to the program does his first Solo he gets soaked.  So I soloed a while ago (this past April) and havne't shared photos yet. So here is a recount of that day.



 Kids came to help my pre-flight the airplane before I took a load of cargo to Long Bawan



Climbing in to see what it is like inside



Tyler doing some last minute checks



Already to go but forgot to wash the window


Taxing out for takeoff



I am was so use to having an instructor sitting next to me that I got a little lonely.  So I borrowed "Ducky" from Aaron and then had to make sure he was safe, so I put a helmet on him.





Up in the air and loving it!


Now while I am out the MAF employees start making preparations for my return




Amazing what you can do with old newspaper and tape




All the other kids where making preparations too


The kids really get into this and they have a pre-water fight before the actual
water fight begins


Here Tyler comes back


Rolling to a stop...


"Let loose the children!"





...and then getting doused...and bucketed


They also used REALLY cold water that had been in the freezer...that was the 
most shocking.  Had to take off my shoes cause they were just 
holding water


Getting my captain bars


Even Tyler's instructor was not safe from the water


Even when trying to pose for a family photo I am not safe



Tyler's solo airplane


This is a big milestone that took about 15 years to get to.  From starting college with the vision to go overseas and getting to the point where Tyler is actually flying an aircraft in the jungles of Indonesia has been a long journey.  A journey that has both strengthened us and weakened our own flawed ideas that we are good/strong enough without God.  God is the reason we have made it to this point and it will be for God's glory that we get to serve here.  There are many stories we could tell you about how God has used this journey to deepen our relationship with Him and we would love to tell you about them sometime but we want to Praise God for this mile stone. To Him be all the glory, Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment