Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Christmas music before or after Thanksgiving?

I would rather not get into a debate, knowing that many of you are advocates for the "after Thanksgiving day listening to Christmas music idea", but we have never been able to hold out that long!  Ever since we got married, Tyler and I have either been year-round Christmas music listeners or would start about mid-summer.  However, this year we have actually made it until October!  That's right, for the past few weeks we have been enjoying the heralds of angels and the anticipation of family togetherness that Christmas music alone can bring.  It strikes me that though all the sentiments of Christmas are great to look forward to, I do not spend much time anticipating the true reason we celebrate.  That is why during our pre-Christmas listening time this year, I am trying spend more time thanking the Lord for the perfect Gift He gave us.  (having a baby moving around inside me does help me remember to do this too!)

This past weekend Tyler and I were blessed with the chance to attend a Weekend to Remember marriage conference.  What a gift to married couples!  If all couples could attend one every few years, I think it would help many more marriages stay together.  I was reminded and convicted of the importance of making our marriage a priority above the family.  Since becoming parents it is so difficult to love and cherish Tyler the way I did before our precious boy came along!  I am so thankful of the reminder and commitment to put our marriage first (which will hopefully start including some fun and creative dates planned by both of us!).  I am looking forward to the challenge of showing Tyler how important he is to me both through dates, prayer, and special reminders through the week.

Tomorrow I have my 20 week ultrasound to make sure the baby is healthy, and also to find out if it is a boy or a girl.  We did not find out what we were having before, but are most likely going to this time.  Of course I could wait another day and then post this blog so all of you would know, but you will just have a wait a week or so while we let all our family members know!

I hope this entry finds you healthy and joyful, abiding in the strength of the Lord.

2 comments:

  1. We went to the family life marriage conference (in rapid city) this weekend also. What an awesome conference, i'm really glad you guys got to go! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh. and definitely christmas music before thanksgiving. Luke keeps asking when i'm going to break it out. This is the LONGEST I've ever waited!

    ReplyDelete